Week 3, Part 1 Blog


               Before the digital age, connecting with most corporations was daunting task. Consumer disputes, only occurred by 3 different methodologies. Walking into store and speaking with Customer Service Representatives or Manager, calling toll free number, or by writing company through standard mail USPS. If unresolved in store, the company would have to request dispute with corporate level. Phone process was frustrating for many consumers, with prerecorded loop message. This method rarely seemed to connect you with the correct department. Final desperation attempt, customer would mail letter to executive management, and wait weeks and sometimes months for resolution. All three methods, were highly ineffective, when flooded with thousands quandaries every day. In my personal business transaction experiences with corporate powerhouses. Memorable experience that sticks out in my memory. This particular instance occurred, with technology support department, for Comcast Cable Services. Booking appointment for fresh installation of new cable box, and internet connectivity, at my residence. My first attempt  contact with Comcast, lead to revolving door automated message system. This process, never connected me to live agent to set date and time for new installations. I waited on hold for 30 minutes, before the automated system eventually dropped the call, and disconnected me.
                Facebook  bridged the phone process, by giving Comcast customers the option to use a new connection outlet. Facebook wall allows for consumers to provide, inquiries, feedback and filing customer disputes. Comcast now has the ability to instantaneously transmit prompt responses, from customer support representatives. Booking a simple installation, and facilitating basic technically support issues. Social Media has helped Comcast tremendously, improve customer relations. Creating the option to share positive experiences, or vent negative customer support issues. I know that my last personal experience with Comcast on Facebook, helped company save face, before I considered other service providers. I appreciated there sense of urgency, within 1 hour time frame for direct response, setting new installation appointment. CSR was apologetic for lapse in service, and requested priority next day installation. Representative, waived the installation fee, at my home, and accommodated my appointment service, after I arrived home from work. I was grateful, and pleasantly surprise by effectiveness and professionalism. Simple posting on their Facebook account, was escalated promptly to correct department, to alleviate my concerns.
                If this was my small business on social media, I would make sure to address all guests concerns, with acknowledgement of there posting. I have experienced first-hand power of social media capabilities. Giving the organization the opportunity, to close the gap for client on the fence, or retaining loyal subscriber.  Acknowledging a posting made by customer, would be high priority in my business model. Ensuing, all customers were treated with due diligence, and professionally at all times. I understand that in business transactions, time is money. Consumers want to feel valued, and appreciated. Subscribers trust, their hard earned income, for my products and services. To reciprocate, I show my appreciation by making commitment to 5 star service. There are billions of options for products and services today. Failing to acknowledge customers, positivity, or discontent, is business failure 100% of the time. Customers are life blood for my company, without them I wouldn’t exist as entity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2A Social Media Post

Week 4 Post #1

Week 17 Wrapping it Up