Week #9 Blog 1A


                Twitter generated a narrow scope of search results, when looking up key words. My initial key word search results for “gyros” didn’t provided local businesses or user accounts. Majority of results were out of state and irrelevant to my keywords search ability. I decided to use the filters to see if I would have better luck optimizing my home location. After selecting local filters and to change location, and exact words to provide more accurate results I was provided with dialed in results. For example; I searched Gyros a broad term, this generated tweets from any user who had used this word on posting, not very accurate. Then I changed the perimeters to narrow the search results to local businesses who sold gyros at their location. My second search criteria was for Greek Food Trucks, this provided some local businesses in San Diego County. I used the advanced search filter to used field exact words, and was provided with many local companies whom, didn’t appear on the first search results. When I search for business resources I located Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce, Kronos Foods, and San Diego Farmers Market networks.

                My first list created is called vendors/distributors, entails food distributors, and Greek restaurant competitors, which I will monitor. Kronos is link in which I have listed as Distributor who carries assortment of Mediterranean inspired foods. They have many customizable solutions for retail and business customers. Many of their products are organic and naturally farmed which is critical toward establishing the integrity of our brand. Imperative to continue to follow my competitors to better understand our target market. Luna Grill and Food of Greek both share common value of providing fresh healthy ingredients. Both companies have built unique reputation amongst the community they serve and have strong following. I have also examined some of the special offers and freebies that their guests can take advantage of on twitter. Offering quality content blogs, images and videos bridges relationship of trust and increases direct following has been key to these to business platforms success. Providing relevant links and finding new ways to improve customer service separates best from worst establishments.

                My second list Local Business Resources consists of Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce, Local Farmers Markets, and Carlsbad Food Tours. Chamber of Commerce is excellent tool to establish working relationships with other local businesses. Their website provides content for local events, news, local affiliations, and membership clubs. Advertising and e newsletter are major draw for Niccos Gyros is to market our products and services in our home base of Carlsbad CA. San Diego Farmers Market is resource that we are considering selling our Gyros. This event is weekly and receives substantial numbers of foot traffic. We are on the waiting list as food vendor, look forward to promoting our products and telling our story. For my business the optimal time to publish tweets will be late morning and early afternoon. Our menu is based around lunch and dinner hours of the day. Our main product line is our gyro wraps, in lamb, steak and chicken. Attracting hungry guests early in the day showcasing what makes our brand special from our competition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2A Social Media Post

Week 4 Post #1

Week #10 Post 1A